Sunday, December 7, 2014

Service Learning Experience

Part of my time studying abroad in Siena was an elective service learning project. There were several projects I could have chosen from, but I ended up at San Benedetto Scuola Materna, which is an Italian kindergarten. I helped Jeremy, a teacher there, teach English to the students every Wednesday morning.

Teaching English as a foreign language has been my plan after graduating college for quite some time now, so to actually experience my chosen career path as a service learning project was an amazing thing for me. I loved every second of my time with these kids, and I loved teaching my language to them. Jeremy also made the experience unforgettable, as he has been teaching English as a foreign language for quite some time now and offered a lot of advice to me. Who knows, in five years maybe this blog will become my tales of teaching English as a foreign language somewhere in Europe or Asia or anywhere in the world!!












No comments:

Post a Comment